Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving Week

I have a great book to recommend, Fumbling by Kerry Egan. The subtitle says it all: A Pilgrimage Tale of Love, Grief, and Spiritual Renewal on the Camino de Santiago. After reading this book when we were at the coast, I have decided that my sabbatical is like a pilgrimage. I have broaded my mind, strengthened my body, and tried new endeavors such as yoga and chakra class. I was just saying to my sister that I wanted to do the pilgrimage for my 50th birthday and she was interested in the idea. Then, I come across this book in a bookstore! Marianna is very jazzed about this. I plan to walk but also take trains/bus to make this easier. Marianna will be 15 when she does this which I think is a good age. We have 2 1/2 years to plan this journey.

I have completed my fashion plate Content DM portion of my sabbatical. It is uploaded, need to be proofed, and then awaits Tammy's approval before making public. I am addding lots to IM. After the Thanksgiving week, I will create my online exhibit and in house exhibit. This precious time is moving way too quickly!

We are having 2 Thanksgivings this year. Our mother/daugher ethnic cooking club is having a Danish Thanksgiving. I am bringing the appetizer of gravlax served on pumpernickel break w/ a honey mustard sauce. I am bringing the aquavit which is what Danes traditionally drink w/ Gravlax. I will use the vodka shot glasses my sister gave me for Christmas last year. We are going to freeze the aquavit in a water and flower ice block so it should look very festive. While at the coast, I found some good wine that will go w/ the main course of goose. Our article proposal to Gourmet on our club was rejected as "too educational" but I have sent the proposal off to Working Mother. We are having a slumber party on Thanksgiving and then will prepare the traditional meal the next day using all my organic produce from TD Willey Farms. I will be making a shallot and cranberry relish, sweet potatoe fluff, green bean casserole, and teaching the girls how to make a real apple pie w/ real piecrust.

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home