Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Santiago and my sabbatical

Santiago spent from October 13th through 23rd at Dr. Hills being treated for the aftereffects of his operation for his fibrosarcoma. He came home Sunday night and was happy and purring but in the morning hid under the bed. He threw up so I brought him back to the vet. I told Dr. hill I was running out of financial and emotional resources and she is keeping him this week gratis. What a saint! He will come home, hopefully get well, and then will have to have the new growth taken out of his head. We are hoping it is a simple cyst and not more of the cancer. I visited Santi daily, hand feeding him and keeping him company. I was only able to work on my sabbatical in bits and pieces but it seems to have come together today.

On a lighter note, my sister and niece visited this past weekend. We had lunch at Oaxaca (which I highly recommend). She had chicken mole negro and I had pork mole colarado. The highlight was the rows and rows of calaveras for Day of the Dead. We had them made with all of our names. Claire has already eaten hers but we are saving ours. We also purchased small ones for all of Marianna's soccer teammates. She wants to give them out at the Halloween tournament. I was also able to pick up a candle of the Virgen de Juqila http://www.johntoddjr.com/09%20Juquila/juquilaharvey.html. Too bad we didn't know of this shrine when we were in Oaxaca. However, she keeps me company when I am working on my computer. Another find was the Shinzen Japanese Garden in Woodpark. I can't believe I've never been there--what at oasis!http://www.shinzenjapanesegarden.org/

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 2, 2005 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 24, 2005 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home